How a caregiver can help to a senior suffuring with Dental Phobia.
The article represents my experience at outlook as I become a Caregiver to my mother with dementia.
Caregivers often don’t recognize when they are in over their heads, and often get to a breaking point.
Places to check out for some financial assistance as a family caregiver
- Care for the Caregiver - Nurturing
- Caregiver Issues
- Caregivers: Experiences & Ideas
- Community Services
- Disability - Accessability - Mobility
- Diseases - Illnesses - Conditions
- End-of-Life-Hospice - Palliative Care
- Financial, Insurance, Legal Matters
- Homecare - Home Health Care
- Long Term Care
- Mental Health - Emotional - Issues
- Residential Options
- Support Groups
Jacqueline Marcell barely survived caring for her elderly parents, both with Alzheimer’s which went undiagnosed for over a year. But after fighting through an unsympathetic medical system she figured everything out medically and behaviorally.
Because the home is the largest asset a couple can keep while still qualifying for Medicaid, it is also usually the main target of estate recovery.
I recently read Gail Sheehy’s Passages in Caregiving. This article is both a review of the book and how it relates to my circumstances as a caregiver.